We are currently recruiting for the following positions
If you are interested in applying for any of the job vacancies, please complete the form below with a brief summary of your experience
Installation and Commissioning Engineer
Our principle business provides bespoke testing equipment for installation in our customers manufacturing centres. The test equipment generally includes mechanical assemblies, integrated PC/PLC control systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems within a test cell environment housing ventilation, heating and extraction systems. Customer’s products are heavily embedded and interact in our systems. They may include engine control modules and other vehicle related components as required, and special machines for component testing and machine safety upgrades.
We are looking for a hardworking installation & commissioning engineer to join our busy team.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with both electrical and mechanical disciplines, and will have knowledge of some of the following;
- Engine test and component test related equipment – engine mounts, driveline installation, guards, specialist tooling, rotating machinery
- Understanding PLC software and troubleshooting using diagnostics tools (Siemens S7 preferable)
- Integrating control technology into mechanical assemblies
- Calibration of instruments
- Fluid systems of solid and flexible pipes and fittings including
- Fuel systems, petrol and diesel
- Water systems for direct and indirect engine systems, hot, cold and chilled water
- Oil systems for engine oil, machine hydraulics to 500 Bar
- Pressure testing and leak detection
- Filtration, flow, temperature and pressure monitoring
- Knowledge of pneumatic systems to include
- Hard piping, flexible hoses and plastic tubing with both compression and push fit assemblies. Module service units and solenoid valve terminals.
- Fault finding across complete system to component level
- Working to general assembly drawings and schematic diagrams, engineering parts lists
- Often, the company’s works involves one off assemblies, they can be considered as prototypes. An ability to work with our engineers from sketches and develop ideas into rapid prototype solutions will be a distinct advantage
- Assembly of mechanical equipment and electrical control panels
The successful candidate will be dynamic and self-motivated with good organisational and communication skills – both written and verbal, will be proficient at documenting procedures, testing and results, must be literate in Microsoft packages.
Much of the work will be carried out at various customer sites both in the UK and overseas, as such we require someone who is happy to be in a customer facing role, who can work to deadlines under pressure.
This role will require a large proportion of time to be spent working away from home, sometimes as part of a team, sometimes lone working. Expenses will be paid by the company, a phone, laptop and car will be provided as necessary.
Career progression within the company is supported and encouraged as we grow.
A clean driving license is essential. Safety at work is very highly respected in our company, any candidate must work as a minimum to all safety procedures and processes defined by our company, our customers, and all applicable health and safety legislation.
Further training will be provided as required
Hours of work 08:30 to 17:00, 13:00 finish on Friday
25 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays
Installation & Commissioning Engineer – download a pdf version of the Job Description
We are looking to recruit the right person for a start in the New Year.
Please complete the below form giving a brief description of your previous expereince.