JCB Power Systems – 4 Cylinder Diesel Engine Test Cell
Spin designed and manufactured a complete QA dynamometer test cell facility for production hot test of Tier III and Tier IV JCB 4 Cylinder Diesel Engines.
Multiple engine variants can be tested in one cell with engine selection by barcode identification. Included is a universal pneumatic exhaust connection system that can be easily adapted for different size turbo/compressor assemblies.
Test result data is synchronised with the existing customer server/SAP system.
Test Cell includes the following:
- Test cell ventilation system
- Engine exhaust system
- Diesel fuel system with selectable fuel pressure
- Engine coolant system with closed loop cooler and additive dosing
- AC Dynamometer and inverter drive control system
- Engine PCM control interface – including CAN and J1939 protocols
- Engine test stand with quick release fluid connections
- Engine pallet system for quick rig and automatic docking with test cell
- SpinTest control and data system with Siemens S7 PLC and PC with Win CC SCADA HMI
- Barcode scanning and engine file data storage
- Host server data system
PControl System Attributes
- Industrial quick connectors were installed in the test cell for secure attachment to the engine fitted ECU (vehicle side), providing power and communications. This included a KWP and J1939 interface with ECU’s
- New customisable Operator Screens
- Selectable channel trend screens and many more features
- Display of up to 32 ECU channels simultaneously and up to 10 P’ Codes
- New SpinTest data manager tools for ECU channel & P Code management and process including enable/disable/shutdown configuration, warnings and alarms for active P’Codes and PID’s.
Spin also carried out a complete refurbishment of existing test cells to match the standard of the new facility including:
- Hydraulic cylinder servicing
- Test bed re-wire
- Replacement of driveline location bungs
- Realignment of shaft support
- Upgrade of water and fuel system
- Re-design of rigging connectors
- Replacement of control system
- Replacement of engine interface wiring & enclosure.
Spin provide ongoing annual maintenance contracts for all machinery installed including:
- Production support
- Ongoing advice.